Dr. Charles C. Georgeson, right, was responsible for establishing and
overseeing the U.S. government’s Experimental Farm program in Alaska,
beginning with stations in Kodiak and Sitka. In this 1918 photo,
Georgeson was photographed with Fred Radar, director of the Matanuska
Station, and Radar’s son. The farmers were cutting oats for hay on the
Kinsinger ranch, four miles from Matanuska, using a horse-drawn mower.
For more information about this image click here.