sidebar

LitSite Home

Return to:   Fort Gibbon and the Village of Tanana - Even before the Klondike gold strike, Alaska's Interior was crawling with miners and traders who were drawn by gold and the opportunity to get rich.
 previous Gallery Thumbnails  next
A pair of sternwheelers at Tanana

UAF-1994-70-396

A pair of sternwheelers are docked at Tanana on July 7, 1913. The
Dawson (front) is advertising a Marconi Wireless and features a banner
advertising the Seattle Chamber of Commerce. The other sternwheeler is the
Yukon. Archives, University of Alaska Fairbanks.

For more information about this image click here.


sidebar
  Contact Us       LitSite Alaska, Copyright © 2000 - 2014. All rights reserved. University of Alaska Anchorage.
University of Alaska Anchorage