After the district court seat moved, Fort Egbert closed, and the gold
rush movement diminished, Eagle never again thrived as it did during the
early years of the 20th century. Still, the village was home to a hardy
population and remained a welcome sight to travelers. This scene from
1927 depicts several wooden buildings, including the Riverside House.
University of Alaska Anchorage Archives.
For more information about this image click here.