In 1925, the Savage River Tent Camp was taken over by the Mt. McKinley Tourist & Transportation Company. The company expanded the camp by adding a large dining hall and kitchen as well as a recreation hall with a dance floor. The wall tents remained for sleeping quarters. The company transported tourists from the train station to the camp by stagecoach and eventually via buses and cars, as well as taking them on tours around the park. Alaska State Library.
For more information about this image click here.